The AWS IoT Core integration is a serverless deployment that scales automatically as your deployment grows.
The key resources deployed in your AWS account are:
- Cross-account role for The Things Stack to connect to your AWS IoT Core MQTT endpoint
- AWS Lambda functions to create the thing type and configure the integration as pub/sub in The Things Stack
- AWS Lambda functions for creating devices and for handling uplink and downlink messages
- Secret with key encryption key (KEK) to leverage LoRaWAN end-to-end encryption
- IoT Core rules to trigger the Lambda functions based on topics and attributes
This is a serverless deployment: there are no compute resources being deployed. AWS only charges for usage, which is driven by traffic. All permissions are the minimum permissions for the integration to function.