Once you have your first LoRaWAN® Network setup, here are the next steps.
- Connect a gateway to your LoRaWAN Network.
- Add LoRaWAN end devices to send LoRaWAN traffic to your network.
- Create an integration to send your LoRaWAN sensor data to external integrations or to your own private server.
- Learn how to get the most out of The Things Stack.
- Check out the Glossary for a disambiguation of some of these terms.
LoRaWAN is a very deep topic that requires a lot of technical knowhow. Use the links suggested here to learn more.
LoRaWAN Crash Course
Here is a video of Johan Stokking, the tech lead of The Things Industries and one of the core developers of The Things Stack, explaining LoRaWAN:
Note:Some common use cases are explained in the video above, but there are certain limitations that make LoRaWAN not suitable for every use-case. Read about LoRaWAN limitations in The Things Network LoRaWAN documentation.
The Things Network certification program allows you to officially certify your LoRaWAN knowledge and skills.
Check all available certifications on The Things Certification site.
A lot of academic research around LoRaWAN is being conducted nowadays. Read some LoRaWAN-related academic papers and publications.