This section explains how to manage users and organizations, and how to grant users and organizations rights as collaborators of entities.
The Things Stack allows network administrators to manage the users that have access to the network. Administrators may:
- Manage users in the network (or the tenant, for multi-tenant deployments)
- Manage the tenant configuration in multi-tenant deployments
- Have all rights on all entities in the tenants (or most rights, depending on Admin Rights Options
- Search for all entities in the network
- Perform any actions on all entities in the network
- Manage some admin-only fields of OAuth clients and users
- Permanently delete (purge) entities (instead of just marking them as deleted)
For non-administrator users, The Things Stack manages access rights to Gateways, End Devices, and Applications through collaborations.
By default, non-administrator users have no rights over Gateways, End Devices, and Applications they did not create. To grant a user rights over an entity, the user must be added as a collaborator to that entity.
To make it easier to manage groups of users, it is possible to create organizations with specific rights which apply to all users who are collaborators. To use organizations, users must be added as collaborators of the organization, and the organization must be added as a collaborator of an entity.