This section provides help for common issues and frequently asked questions you may have when adding devices.
How do I see device events?
Device event logs can be found in the console in the device’s general information page. See Working with Events for other ways of subscribing to events.
My device won’t join. What do I do?
- Double check your DevEUI, JoinEUI or AppEUI, LoRaWAN and Regional Parameters Version, root keys (AppKey, and with LoRaWAN 1.1 or higher, NwkKey)
- Check gateway and device events for traffic from your device. Below are a few common issues
- MIC mismatch error in the device events: Possible mismatch of AppKey in device firmware to the AppKey registered in The Things Stack console. Update the AppKey in the console accordingly
- Uplink channel not found error in the gateway events: Indicates there is a mismatch of the frequency plans. Double check frequency plan settings in your end device and gateways (they must be the same LoRaWAN band)
- DevNonce has already been used error in the device events: Indicates a duplicate use of Devnonce. Generally happens when the device has sent too many unsuccessful Join Requests
- Uplink channel not found error in the device events: The device is transmitting Join Requests in the non-default channels of the band which is not in line with the LoRaWAN Specification. Contact the end-device manufacturer
- Double check your network connection. If there is a slow connection from the server to the gateway, the join accept message may be sent too late (this can happen when a gateway uses 3G as a backhaul). If using the CLI, run
ttn-lw-cli gateways connection-stats <gateway-id>to see the round trip time (RTT) for your gateway
- Check for duplicate use of JoinNonce (or AppNonce)
- Adjust ADR and link check settings to conditions which the device is located in
No downlinks are reaching my device. What do I do?
- Check gateway and application events for traffic from your device
- Check duty cycle restrictions
- Device clock drift often occurs when SF12 is used
- Check your antenna connections