This guide helps device makers to claim Microchip ATECC608A/B secure elements on The Things Join Server.
- ATECC608A-TNGLORA or ATECC608B-TNGLORA secure elements. Product details
- Device security (manifest) file. You can obtain this from your Microchip Direct order history
- Access to The Things Stack Cloud. Contact The Things Industries to get onboarded
- An application in The Things Stack Cloud. See instructions
- Your The Things Join Server address. See Join Server addresses
Visit the Console of The Things Join Server, e.g.:
Go to the Applications menu and select your application.
Go to Devices and click Import Devices button in the upper right.
As Format, select Microchip ATECC608A-TNGLORA Manifest File.
Click Select a file and open your manifest file. If you want to make your device available for claiming by other users, check Set claim authentication code.
Click Create Devices to finish.
Your secure elements are now claimed in your application. The secure elements cannot be claimed by anyone else until you delete the devices.
Note that claiming the secure elements only creates devices on the Join Server, but they are not registered on a Network Server or Application Server yet. You first need to register them on a Network Server and Application Server before you can activate the devices.